The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands > Borderlands General Discussion

View Poll Results: If I make a Boss Farming guide, would you like it in a new thread, or in this topic?
Yes, It should have it's own thread. 12 27.27%
No, I'd rather have all farming things here. Having them in two different topics is confusing. 32 72.73%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 15th, 2010, 01:15 AM   #1
Ice Car
life sucks, drop out

Send a message via Skype™ to Ice Car
Default Borderlands Farming Guide *Updated 8-30-12*

Borderlands Farming Guide

Quote:
There are numerous spoilers throughout this guide. I use boss names, mission objectives, and mission names as "landmarks" to make directions easier. If you haven't completed the game yet, don't read beyond where you've gotten up to.

Quote:
All the area guides are written in a "step-by-step" format so it would be simpler for me to just write parts of the guide, to provide a general path to take (I try to choose the most efficient path to take) when moving from chest to chest, and to make directions shorter and less dependant on landmarks.

Quote:
Table of Contents
Table of contents. To find a particular guide you want fast, hit CTRL + F and enter the code in the brackets to skip to that part.

• [VNLA] - Vanilla Borderlands Farming Guide (Main spots finished)
  • [DLCFG] - DLC Farming Guide (Main spots finished)
  • [SKGLCK] - Skag Pile/Locker Farming Guide (Incomplete)
  • [BOSSDRP] - Boss Farming Guide (Close to completion)
  • [GENFG] - General Farming Guide (Somewhat done)

Quote:
Updates/Version History

Version 1.01 (10/14/10) - Started guide. FAQ and Farming spots outside DLCs (Excluding Old Haven) finished. Skag Pile/Locker Farming guide and DLC farming guide to be completed. Reserved posts. Added this Version History for the hell of it.

Version 1.02 (10/15/10) - Added pictures for each chest, courtesy of Ba1atu.

Version 1.03 (10/15/10) - Added Old Haven guide and pictures, courtesy of Vashsts1985. Also added guides for the Armory and Road's End for the DLC portion.

Version 1.04 (10/18/10) - Added Lockdown Palace, and T-Bone Junction for DLC3, and Jakobs Cove for DLC1. Got the Skag Pile/Locker Farming guide started with a few areas. Updated Special Thanks, added an FAQ question for SEI, and changed some other things in the beginning of the guide. Lockdown Palace guide was by Huskie. Amazing job.

Version 1.05 (10/26/10) - Added Sledge's Safehouse guide, Jakobs Cove pictures, added missing pictures for Lockdown Palace, and simplified the explanation for the 2 white chests in Old Haven with a video. Corrected a few things in the FAQ and updated it, and updated the Special Thanks section.

Version 1.06 (10/26/10) - Completed FAQ for boss drop guide and some of the guide for it. Added Sledge's Safehouse and the Cauldron guides to the farming guide. Also straightened up some of the guide to be neater.

Version 1.07 (10/27/10) - Added an FAQ question to the Skag pile guide, fixed it up a little, and added one entry to the Middle of Nowhere section. Fixed up a few things in The Cauldron guide, Added Tartarus Station and Sander's Gorge to the DLC guide. Updated Special Thanks and the help section.

Version 1.08 (11/1/10) - Added Pictures for Sledge's Safehouse, The Cauldron, and Salt Flats. Added a question about dev chests to the farming guide and added an Eridian Promonotory guide. Added a new guide for all things not covered that can be classified as farming in the 4th post. Also added more chests to Tartarus Station. (zane)

Version 1.50 (11/7/10) - Added Lost Cave, Eridian Promonotory, and Sander's Gorge, complete with pictures. Added a lot to the General Farming Guide and the Boss Farming Guide. Made many small fixes here and there. Guide near completion in everywhere except Skag Piles. Will start to work on missed places for Vanilla and DLC areas.

Version 2.00 (12/25/10) Christmas Update - Added guides for Skag Gully, Earl's Scrapyard, and Headstone Mine. Also started a vendor farming guide and made minor fixes here and there.

Version 3.00 (1/29/11) - Added guides for Trash Coast, Skag Gully, Crazy Earl's Scrapyard, and Treacher's Landing. Screenshots for Skag Gully and Crazy Earl's Scrapyard. Added Notes and Useful Links section.

Version I-don't-even-*******-know - I'm just going to list the most recently added update here from here on out. There's probably never going to be a final version of the guide.
Recent Update: Added this version history, re-made the pre-guide stuff, completely redid RCE guide, added some screenshots.

Quote:
Introduction Stuff

This Farming Guide is a work in progress. As stated in the last "version update," this guide will probably never have a final version. More and more things will be added, and presently I don't really have the patience or time to sit down, go through the game and figure out where each and every Skag Pile that drops things and locker that guarantees an item are, so the only times I will likely update are when I'm given little tidbits of information that haven't been covered by you, the reader.

If you help my guide out a lot, I'll add you to the Special Thanks section and list what you've done to help. If you find something I've missed and post it here, I may not see it, so PMing me would be the best option. I tend to put things off and I eventually forget the things I have seen in the thread but haven't updated with, but I usually save all the PMs that have info for this guide.

Anyways, to help you guys who are reading this topic to find out more on farming, this map might be helpful.

Help would always be appreciated. I need help mainly with...

• Any good sources/information on anything not covered here. (e.g. good skag pile farming spots, DLC chests/Vanilla chests I missed, etc.)
  • If you've read a bit of the guide already, you've probably noticed that there are still quite a bit of missing screenshots. Screenshots from the PC Borderlands are preferred, but if you are on a console and can get a clear and decent quality photo, that will do. Screens/Pictures of the chest (don't zoom in too much, stand a little back so you can see what's around it) and their location on the map are needed.

Quote:
Special Thanks:
  • Ba1atu - For helping with pretty much all of the screenshots. An immense help to this guide.
  • U1849KA - For letting me use his guide for Road's End Farming. Also helped in various other parts of the guide.
  • Vashts1985 - For helping me with the Old Haven portion of the guide.
  • Huskie - For "letting me" use his guide for farming Lockdown Palace.
  • Scottes - For making the +2 SEI and +2FRI threads.
  • senselocke - For contributing to the FAQ.
  • OwenL - For making the Tartarus Station guide to help.
  • aspade_01 - For making the medkit glitch guide for the DLC portion of the guide.
  • zane - For pointing out 14 missing chests in Tartarus Station.
  • EJFudd - For helping with the screenshots.
  • AceGoober - Also helping with screenshots.

Quote:
Notes:
  • There are 3 missions for the Armory in DLC3. The first one, you get is "Armory Assault" from Athena. This first mission will have the chests at a lower level. To get the second mission, complete this one NORMALLY (No floor glitch) and complete the new mission from Marcus. After that you will get "Super Marcus Sweep" and a second run through. The chests will be at a slightly higher level. Complete this one normally, and complete yet another new mission from Marcus. He will give you the third and last mission, "It's Like Christmas!" and the chests will be at a higher level. READ BELOW.
  • For the second and third armory missions, entering the hexagonal room (The elevator shaft you'd normally come down) will glitch your mission. Exit without saving to avoid this, or reset it using jaredhite1's Tool to fix quest glitches and add replayability jif you already have this. When you become glitched, the "Steal Loot" objective will tick off. As the elevator shaft is the path that leads to the upper levels, you have to take a different way to the upper floor. Simply go to the moving platform that accesses the chests in the wall, go up, and jump off at the second floor.
  • It is also possible to get glitched quests for the armory missions passed to you. If you enter an online game, you might get the second and third armory missions at the same time, and it will cause the armory to close and leave you unable to complete either quest. Join another person's game and complete the quest normally to unglitch it.
  • Turning in the Lost Lewts quest will make the hidden Lance chests disappear permanently.
  • Level 69 weapons can only be found from Loot Goon chests, Items of the Day in vendors, and certain loot midgets in the General Knoxx DLC.
  • In some areas such as Crimson Fastness, the chests have set locations to appear, but they might or might not appear when you visit. Crimson Fastness has about 10 areas chests can spawn, but only 7 or so spawn most of the times.
  • Chests will remain open until you save and exit the game.
  • To farm bosses that don't respawn like King Wee Wee, kill him, check if you like the loot or want to retry for a better one, suicide and quit in the vortex, as this will not save any recent progress. For 360 and PS3, you can sign out and sign back in to quit without saving.
  • You can not find Pearlescent weapons in red chests and most enemies. You can not find Crimson Lance Chests outside of DLC3, nor can you find Pearlescents outside of DLC3.

Quote:
FAQ:

Farming-Related

Q: What is farming?
A: Farming is a technique (so to speak) where you gather loot by going to an area, loot the place out, and save and quit. By collecting all the chests in the area, yes, they will obviously not restock until you quit. By saving and quitting, chests respawn with new items/weapons for you to farm again. This is considered an exploit in all games, but don’t let it bother you.

Q: Why should I do it?
A: This is quite self-explanatory if you read the above answer. It is basically so that you can just spend time collecting gear over and over to get optimal gear for your game. This guide details the various places that are prime areas to farm gear.

Q: What things does this guide highlight?
A: This guide will highlight the various places that are popular for farming, other forms of farming (I.R. Locker/Skag Pile farming), and other things, like things to look out for when farming.

Q: Where are the pictures? I thought you said there would be pictures.
A: Yes, I said there would be pictures, but that is something I still need to add. I am on the 360, and have no way of taking a decent quality picture of it, So I will need to cooperate with some PC users to get the screenshots I need. I will of course give credit to them for helping the guide.

Q: I’ve heard somewhere that New Haven has 5 Chests in the town area and that 2 of them are red! I found them, but they’re white, not red? What’s going on?
A: The patch that came out before DLC3 (General Knoxx) changed those red chests in New Haven to white chests. They did this because too many people were farming it, and getting all their loot there. The loot pools (Quality of loot) was unusually high in the area, and as a result, they had to reduce them to white chests to prevent the mass farming of the area.

Q: Hey! You said Crimson Fastness had 7 chests! I found 4! What’s the big deal?
A: As mentioned in the notes section, there are 7 chest locations. However, Crimson Fastness will never have all 7 chests at the same time, and are missing at least 2 random chests. This doesn’t only happen here, it happens in a variety of other places as well, but thankfully not all.

Q: What is grenade jumping, and how do I do it?
A: Grenade jumping is when you throw a grenade at your feet, and time a jump so that the grenade's splash damage will shoot you higher than a normal jump. This way you can make long jumps, or high jumps. You might want to practice the high ones first.

For starters, get a Corrosive Longbow, or a very very weak Explosive one to ensure you take minimal damage per hit. Throw the longbow at your feet, but don't do anything. When you feel you have the timing right, try jumping so that the grenade will detonate when you are at the peak of your jump. Your jumping height will be effectively doubled, as well as how far you can jump, if you let the grenade detonate behind you, propelling you forward instead of up. Master it, and you will be able to get many places you could never have before, as well as make the farming routes listed easier.

Loot Related Questions

Q: What are the different types of chests?
A: There are 4 different types of chests. They are:

1)Ammo Chests; Contains ammo. No weapons or anything like that. Just ammo. Looks like a simple black rectangular case. You see these a lot throughout Pandora.

2) White Chests; Contains weapons. No Class mods, Grenade mods, Shields, Ammo, etc. usually contains mediocre, common loot, however some that are more out of the way have a higher chance of yielding better loot. I will highlight most of them in my guide. White Chests are, well white chests. They are rectangular like ammo chests, but are a lot wider than ammo chests. These are quite common around Pandora.

3) Red Chests; Can contain Weapons, Class Mods, Grenade Mods, Shields, as well as, once folded out, ammo for the types of weapon(s) contained in the chest. These are the chests you should mostly be farming. They can yield mediocre loot, but it has a much higher chance of yielding better loot than white chests. These chests have a redish color, and are oval-shaped. You will know them when you see them.

4) Lastly, there are Crimson Lance Chests. These are DLC3-exclusive, and can not be found outside of DLC3. These chests are the rarest of their kind, and hold the most loot. It is essentially a red chest, except when it opens, it has the same amount of loot a red chest would have, with basically another red chest on the lid. So double the amount of loot as red chests. These chests look Crimson-Lance-like, which should be enough for you to recognize them when you see them.

Q: Why do people loot Skag Piles and Lockers? Better yet, why those specifically? They usually give me horrible weapons!
A: People farm them, because, as you might have noticed, some Skag Piles and Lockers have a 100% chance of yielding an item, or close to that. Lockers can contain a pistol, class mod, grenade mod, or shield. Skag Piles can yield all kinds of weapons, shields, and mods. These Lockers and Skag Piles which yield these loots, are quite rare. Oh, and the Skag Piles/Lockers aforementioned usually yield high quality loot, which makes them worth farming. I will try to highlight as many of these as possible.

Q: Why can't I find any level 69 weapons? Are they possible to spawn?
A: As of now, there are few places where you can get them. Those places are Loot Goons, Crimson Shorty and some other loot midgets, and items of the day. So far, nothing else has been confirmed.

Q: [Insert question about +2 Find Rare items here]
A: +2 Find Rare items is a controversial subject, and is generally believe to either, not work AT ALL, or only work slightly on small loot like dumpsters, skag piles, and other things.

Q: How does Scavenge Extra Items work?
A: For starters, visit this helpful thread on it. A quick summary would be that SEI only works on everything other than humans and Crawmerax. (Thanks to Scottes for mentioning Craw and doing that guide.)

Q: What is a "dev" chest? What is so special about it?
A: A dev chest is a very well hidden chest. These chests have typically better loot than other chests. There are dev chests in Eridian Promonotory and Rust Commons West.

Q: I found that holding "x" weapon gets better loot!
A: In short, random loot is random. what weapon you hold has no effect on loot. How you kill the enemy has no effect. How fast you kill it has no effect. So on, so on. Random loot is random. Remember that.

Q: What is Awesome Level?
A: See the section below.

Awesome Level:

Awesome Level is something you may want to familiarize yourself with. Generally, chests with higher values of AL will have a higher chance of generating a better gun.

Quote:
AwesomeLevel (AL) is an internal game variable. It's values are numerical, and range in level from 0 - 77 (max found so far). The number itself is not an indicator of an item's quality or rarity, but a property of the entity that generated the item. The AL comes from the chest, vendor, or enemy that generated it.
Quote:
In general, chests, vendors, and enemies with a higher awesome level should produce better gear than lower AL sources over time. That doesn't mean a chest with an AL of 14 can't generate a better gun than a chest with an AL of 42. It just means that the AL 42 chest has a higher probability of generating a better gun. So far, this correlation is observational only.

Vanilla Borderlands Farming Spots [VNLA]

This guide is ordered by the order of which the places are unlocked/able to be gotten to.

Arid Badlands
10 Red Chests

Arid Badlands has quite a few "One-time-only" chests or "worthless chests" and I will point them out to you. Some I have excluded completely, e.g. the White Chest you get the Digistruct Module from, as that never containes weapons and disappears after being opened and leaving the game.

Red Chest #1: The very first chest in the game. In playthrough 1 it always yields horrible loot for higher levels, so don't bother with this one unless you start a new file. Anyways, in the very first area before the claptrap opens the first gate, is a building/gas station. Climb to the top of it by going around the back and jumping up. There is a red chest against the dumpster and some small loot.

Chest Picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ed_Chest_1.jpg
Map Location:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...p_Location.jpg

Red Chest #2: One-Time-Only. The red chest that the claptrap shows to you in the beginning, containing the two repeaters.

Chest Picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ed_Chest_2.jpg
Map Location: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...p_Location.jpg

Red Chest #3: Grab a vehicle or go to the Fyrestone Arena by foot. If you don't know where that is, it's in the bandit camp where you have to kill the 8 bandits for one of the beginning missions. It's hard to miss this one.

Chest Picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ed_Chest_3.jpg

Red Chest #4:Only accessible after you get a mission from Scooter involving T.K. Go through T.K's house and out the back. The Red Chest is on the balcony. It only appears once you accept this mission and the door only opens then as well. You can simply go around out back to the balcony without going through his house at all times, but the chest will not be there.

Chest Picture:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ed_Chest_4.jpg

Red Chest #5: Go to the Zephyr Substation, or if you don't remember the name, it's where you go for one of Tannis' Echo logs and to get the wind plant back from the bandits. On top of the building there is a red chest, but there is also an explosive barrel next to it, so be wary.

Chest Picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ed_Chest_5.jpg

Red Chests #6 This red chest is in Bruce McClane's house, which is located near the Zephyr Substation. Geographically, it is just east of Headstone Mine's entrance. Hard to miss if you've done the mission.

Chest Picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ed_Chest_6.jpg

Red Chest #7 and #8: These two red chests are in the boneyard area where the "Insult to Injury" mission takes place. In the center there is a small hut on top of an overpass, in the hut is a red chest. Below the overpass is another hut with a red chest in it. This area is the fenced-in area right next to the Titan's End New-U Station.

Chest Picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ed_Chest_7.jpg

Chest Picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ed_Chest_8.jpg

Red Chest #9: What's with this chest? Anyways, go to the area where you collect the cigars from the "Product Recall" mission. Head West of Headstone Mine, around the rock face, until you come to a fence that prevents your vehicle from going any further. To the left, there is a climbable rock face that you can get to the cliff from, follow it until you get a "lookout" with the red chest.

It frequently contains nothing but a repeater, and usually of bad quality. I'd say don't bother with this one, but if you want to get it for the sake of being thorough, go ahead.

Chest Picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ed_Chest_9.jpg

Red Chest #10: You can find this chest on the group of huts against the cliff where the "Scavenger: Combat Rifle" mission takes place. It is just a little west of the entrance gate to the Circle of Death, and is near the area where you obtain Tannis' 5th recorder.

Chest Picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...d_Chest_10.jpg

Skag Gully:
5 Red Chests, 1 White Chest

Red Chest #1: From the start, head towards Nine-Toes. Before passing under the stone arc before the grave where you get the Lady Finger, look at the Skag den against the cliff where you get one of the echos for the hidden mission. Grenade jump up and get the red chest. If you want to go the traditional route, switch the order with the next two, as you have to loop around.

Chest Picture: http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/1...ggullyred1.jpg
Map Location: http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/6...llyred1map.jpg

Red Chest #2: Head into Nine-Toes' area, and the red chest is in obviously placed.

Chest Picture: http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/2...ggullyred2.jpg
Map Location: http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/944...llyred2map.jpg

White Chest #1: Don't leave yet. Look to the right of the arena and jump up the platforms to the top, and a white chest is there.

Chest Picture: http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2...ullywhite1.jpg
Map Location: http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5...ywhite1map.jpg

Red Chest #3: This is faster if you have the gate down. This is in the area right in the vicinity of Skar.

Chest Picture: http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9...ggullyred3.jpg
Map Location: http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/5...llyred3map.jpg

Red Chest #4: Jump down from here, and head down the path you took for the Bladeflower quest. Follow the path until the first cave, and go up the ramp but take a right. Take a left and at the end are a few skag dens that spawn skags and a red chest that usually spawns some pretty decent loot.

Chest Picture: http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/6...ggullyred4.jpg
Map Location: http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/2...llyred4map.jpg

Red Chest #5: This last red chest is at the end of the cave you are in. Just follow the path and the red chest is right at the end. Usually spawns decent loot.

Chest Picture: http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3404/skaggullyred5.jpg
Map Location: http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5...llyred5map.jpg

Arid Hills 2 Red Chests

Another "For the sake of completion" guide.

Red Chest #1: This red chest is near a bandit camp a little north of where you find Moe and Marley. It might be easier to get to it if you kill them first, but make sure you actually can before you attempt to.

Red chest #2: This last red chest is right above the transition to Sledge's Safehouse. Just walk up the hill and around and you'll see the red chest alongside 3 safes.

Sledge's Safehouse: 4 Red Chests

This is the first place you will probably farm, and has a wealth of chests. 4 Red Chests is a wealth compared to some other early game levels.

Red Chest #1: Very hard to miss. Simply go through the Safehouse until you get to the damage claptrap. The red chest is right there in the open. If you don't know where that is, after going up the ramp and down the stairs, you come to a corridor. Turn right and the claptrap as well as the chest is there.

Chest Picture: http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/8...ehousered1.jpg
Map Location: http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/6...usered1map.jpg

Red Chest #2: This red chest is in the same area, in the door that the claptrap opens for you after being repaired. Note though that there are
2 lockers. They will always yield a pistol/revolver, mod, or shield.

Chest Picture: http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/9...ehousered2.jpg
Map Location: http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8...usered2map.jpg

Red Chest #3: Easy to find as well. Just follow the path through the Safehouse until you get through the gate where the psychos charge you and down the stairs. At the bottom of it, turn left, and there is a spawn point, 5 lockers, 2 ammo crates, and behind the counter is a red chest. The lockers typically contain ammo.

Chest Picture: http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/4...ehousered3.jpg
Map Location: http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/3...usered3map.jpg

Red Chest #4: This is most likely the only one worth mentioning in this guide since little people seem to know of it's existence. Anyways, from the last chest, go out, and turn up the stairs on your left. Turn around once you're up the stairs, and jump onto the grate ceiling thing. Look to your left for a large block thing. Jump on top of it, via the pipe just at the base of it, and there is a red chest against the wall.

Chest Picture: http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/6...ehousered4.jpg
Map Location: http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/7...usered4map.jpg

Lost Cave: 6 Red Chests

Red Chest #1: From the start continue all the way to the first area with skags. Turn left and up the hill for 4 skag dens. This wave is particularly big, so it might take a while if you plan to kill them all first. Anyways, after killing them all, there should be a tent with an ammo chest. To the left of that is a red chest.

Chest Picture: http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/2...stcavered1.jpg
Map Location: http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/9...avered1map.jpg

Red Chest #2: From here, go out and down the hill and look forward. To the left of the cave wall is an small pathway that comes out overlooking some of the skag dens. There is a spawn station and a red chest here.

Chest Picture: http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/221/lostcavered2.jpg
Map Location: http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/1...avered2map.jpg

Red Chest #3: In the bandit camp straight ahead. Next to the bandit hut on the right side against the cave wall is a red chest.

Chest Picture: http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/372/lostcavered3.jpg
Map Location: http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/3...avered3map.jpg

Red Chest #4: From here, go around the bandit hut, and go down the pathway. You will find a red chest at the end.

Chest Picture: http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7338/lostcavered4.jpg
Map Location: http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/5...avered4map.jpg

Red Chests #5 and #6: Go to the very end of the map, in the arena-like area with all the Alpha Skag dens. The two red chests are
straight ahead in the small area. A ton of alpha skags will spawn in this area, and it will take time to kill them all, so you can either spend the time to eliminate them all, or run and open the chests, taking what you find and exiting the game (After saving of course). Check your stuff once you start up again, and sell the stuff you don't want.

Chest Picture: http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4...tcavered56.jpg
Map Location: http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/611...vered56map.jpg

Headstone Mine: 4 Red Chests, 4 White Chests

White Chest #1: Head out into the first bandit skirmish and kill all of the bandits (optional). The building on the far right has a white chest and some minor loot. This is the building with the ammo chest just outside of it.

Chest Picture: http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/9...tonewhite1.jpg
Map Location: http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/9...ewhite1map.jpg

White Chest #2: Exit the building and go up both sets of stairs. To your left is a building with various small loot containers, mainly lockers and a washing machine, and a white chest.

Chest Picture: http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/1...tonewhite2.jpg
Map Location: http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/6...ewhite2map.jpg

Red Chest #1: Exit the way you came and continue through the level like you normally would (don't jump down, just go around the corner and fight your way into the next building). You need to pass through this building to get to the main area with the turret, the red chest is in the corner against the wall.

Chest Picture: http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/2...dstonered1.jpg
Map Location: http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/279...onered1map.jpg

White Chest #3: Exit out the turret-side door and go down the stairs (or jump down the stairs like you just don't care) and the first building on your right will contain 5 lockers alongside each other and a white chest. When you approach the garage door will open and some enemies will pop out.

Chest Picture: http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/8...tonewhite3.jpg
Map Location: http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8...ewhite3map.jpg

Red Chest #2: This one is quite far ahead but it's not really worth mentioning since I highly doubt you've missed this. Right before the elevator going up to Sledge is a red chest to your right.

Chest Picture: http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/7...dstonered2.jpg
Map Location: http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/6...onered2map.jpg

Red Chest #3: Go up the elevator and cut through Sledge's room. Fight him if you want, but you can just enter out the side door to save time. Jump down and head into the building on your right. There are numerous lockers and a single red chest in this building.

Chest Picture: http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/9...dstonered3.jpg
Map Location: http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/566...onered3map.jpg

White Chest #4: This one is "hiding in plain sight". From the last red chest, exit the building and head in the direction of the exit and enter the building on your left. Exit out the other side, turn left and follow the train track until you get to the end. The white chest is disguised at the end here. Also of note: You can save time by instead jumping from the edge of the clip to the section of the train track with the white chest since it's close enough.

Chest Picture: http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/4...tonewhite4.jpg
Map Location: http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6...ewhite4map.jpg

Red Chest #4: Do not jump down yet. Backtrack through the building and around the corner to the cliff. Go to the right and on top of the building (it sticks out a bit farther than the cliff). Look toward the building in front and a little to the left of you and you'll see a small sliver of roof that you can jump onto. Sprint then jump last minute onto the roof and if you do it correctly, you should land. Go around the corner for a dev chest that likes to give out higher quality loot. If you're good at grenade jumping you don't even need to be at the top of the cliff to get there, it saves a lot of time on farming routes.

Chest Picture: http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/4...dstonered4.jpg
Map Location: http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/7...onered4map.jpg

Dahl Headlands: 2 White Chests, 5 Red Chests.

White Chest #1: Spawn at Lucky’s Watering Hole (Dahl Headlands). Turn around, and walk through the building with the vendors. When you come out, you should see a slightly raised mattress. It’s just high enough that you can go on it, turn towards the building, and jump on it. Move towards the back, and turn around and there is a white chest. This white chest has typically better loot than most white chests.

Picture of Chest: http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/478...1010150944.jpg
Map Location: http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/4...1010150944.jpg

White Chest #2: Turn back, and jump across the various buildings outside the perimeter of the bandit camp. Once there, jump down into the Bandit Camp, and then look towards the gateway to the Lucky’s Backyard. It should be in clear sight; so much so that I doubt I will have to give a more detailed description of it’s placement.

Chest Picture: http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1...1010150947.jpg
Map Location:http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/197...1010150947.jpg

Red Chest #1: Turn around, and along the gate thing separating the bandit camp from the main wasteland. It shouldn’t be that hard to spot.

Chest Picture: http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/1...1010150947.jpg
Map Location: http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/1...1010150947.jpg

Red Chest #2: Go out back to the vehicle station again. Grab a vehicle, and go to the Ludicrous Speedway (Where you do the sythid mission). Go inside the building, and out back to where the fuel tank is. Look to the left, and there are a few stacks of tires. You can use these to get to the roof, where there is a red chest.

Chest Picture: http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/7209/dahlred2.jpg
Map Location: http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/7619/dahlred2map.jpg

Red Chest #3 and 4: From here, grab your vehicle again, and head to the top-left corner of the map where one of the fuel tanks you have to destroy is. There are 2 red chests against the wall. There is a fairly large bandit spawn point here, so watch out for that.

Chest Picture: http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8350/dahlred34.jpg
Map Location: http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/957/dahlred34map.jpg

Red Chest #5: From here, go down underground where you fought the guardians for the first time to get the artifact. You know where this red chest is if you went here before, but if not, it's right next to the crystal where you receive the artifact.

Chest Picture: http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/940/dahlred5.jpg
Map Location: http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6088/dahlred5map.jpg

New Haven (Pre-Patch): Chests: 2 Red Chests, 5 White Chests

White Chest #1: Spawn at the New Haven New-U. Look straight at Helena Pierce’s building, and then to the left of it. You should see a staircase going up to a washing machine. Go up, jump onto the washing machine, and onto the building. White Chest is right there.

Chest Picture: http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/2...avenwhite1.jpg
Map Location: http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/2...nwhite1map.jpg

Red Chest #1: From here, jump down onto the area above Helena Pierce’s, and then onto the building nearby. (The one containing Scooter’s Garage.) Jump up higher onto the higher part of the roof, and next to the dumpster is the red chest.

Chest Picture: http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/5361/newhavenred1.jpg (This is actually a red one pre-patch. Ba1atu has the patch.)
Map Location: http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/9...venred1map.jpg

White Chest #2: From here, move to the end of the building directly above Scooter’s garage, and face the way Scooter would be looking. You will see a staircase going up near the area with the generator you powered up for Helena Pierce that time. Keep going forward until you got across a wooden panel into the building wall. Jump around over the rail, and the around the corner is the white chest.

Chest Picture: http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/4...avenwhite2.jpg (Please don't shoot me... Please don't shoot me...)
Map Location: http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/2...nwhite2map.jpg

Red Chest #2: From here, turn around, and you will see the perimeter of New Haven, separated by a gate. Jump onto the gate, and then onto the cloth overhang thing, and then onto the platform in front of you for a red chest. If you fail this though, there should be a Jakobs tank thing you can use to jump up to it.

Chest Picture: http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/135/newhavenred2.jpg (Again, this is supposed to be a red chest, but Ba1atu, the screenshotter, has the patch.)
Map Location: http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6...venred2map.jpg

White Chest #3: This one is obvious, but if you haven’t, repair the claptrap. He will then open up a small hollow thing with a chest in it. I said this one last since it is closest to the red chest just mentioned.

Chest Picture: http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/5...avenwhite3.jpg
Map Location: http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8...nwhite3map.jpg

Notes: After the Patch for DLC3, the Red Chests become white chests, and it becomes a bad farming spot. Also, after farming the chests, the Med Vendor and Weapon Vendor are close by, so be sure to check them before saving and quitting. Last thing, there has been some controversy about the second weapon vendor. This is indeed, there, and it is across from the weapon vendor already mentioned. Why is it controversial? It disappears seemingly randomly, although some people claim it is opened after completing “X” mission. This all just boils down to being random. Lastly, do a search for “New Haven Basement” and read that. You can farm Riders if you like this way.

White Chest #4: Head towards Rust Commons West, but turn right into the bandit camp. Turn right again and look under the makeshift roof. There is a white chest here.

White Chest #5: From Tetanus Warrens, look to the east. Head south and around the tall wall, then to the left. Go around and under a metal scaffolding and there is a white chest.

Secret Basement: With the quest "Another Piece of the Puzzle" active, but not completed, head to New Haven and go around to the backof Helena's. Look to the right and you will see a blue building with what looks to be another typical inactive door. If you are here at the right time, it will open automatically when you go near it and will bring you down and elevator into the basement. The enemies here, which are mainly psychos, are rather high leveled. Be prepared. There is a red chest that will always contain Rider, a unique Gearbox unscoped Sniper Rifle and a White Chest that spawns random mediocre loot. It will respawn and contain a Rider each time you save and exit, so long as you have the quest active. The entire room and the Rider are a reference to a Christmas Story.

Tetanus Warrens: 4 Red Chests

Besides the 4 red chests, there is something else to take note of: King Wee Wee. See more on that, why you should farm him, and how in Post 4 under the boss farming section.

Red Chest #1: From the beginning, head through the cavern until you get to the first large spiderant area. Take a left, and go into the first bandit encampment. At the top of the makeshift building behind a low barrier is a red chest.

Chest Picture: http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/5855/tetanusred1.jpg
Map Location: http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/892...nusred1map.jpg

Red Chest #2: From here, head up further into the cave, and once you pass the spawn point/save station, turn right and into another bandit camp. The red chest is right there in plain sight.

Chest Picture: http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7007/tetanusred2.jpg
Map Location: http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/1...nusred2map.jpg

Red Chest #3: Head further into the cave to the third bandit camp. This is the largest one, and is nearby the repair kit. Turn left and go down to the dead end. The red chest is in plain sight, but protected by numerous spiderants.

Chest Picture: http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4903/tetanusred3.jpg
Map Location: http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8...nusred3map.jpg

Red Chest #4: You'd best leave this one alone if you are saving Wee Wee for Playthrough 2.5 or are level 69 for farming him. This red chest is in the small cave that Wee Wee comes out of. Just walk in and it is right there.

Chest Picture: http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/6493/tetanusred4.jpg
Map Location: http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/323/tetanusred4map.jpg

Rust Commons West 7 Red Chests, 1 White Chest

Red Chest #1: Behind the spawn point is a small area. A hill on the side goes up to that area, and when you go up it, the red chest is in that general area. (Nublarion)

Chest Picture: http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6...assmissed1.jpg
Map Location: http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/1...missed1map.jpg

Red Chest #2: Spawn at the Underpass. Get a vehicle, and drive along the visible road, and before going across the bridge, instead get out and look to the right of it, to see a red chest. This is always guarded by one badass enemy, but that’s about it.

Chest Picture: http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5...erpassred1.jpg
Map Location: http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/3...assred1map.jpg

Red Chest #3 & 4: Turn around, and go towards the top of the map. Go along it until you see a lighthouse-like thing. This is not the one near the entrance to Tannis’ area, but the one after that. Park your vehicle nearby, and go behind the lighthouse for red chest #2. From here, look forward for a few tents. There is a red chest there, guarded by Spiderants. That is Red
Chest #3. After collecting, run back to your vehicle.

Chest Picture (#3): http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/8...erpassred2.jpg
Map Location (#3): http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/9...assred2map.jpg

Chest Picture (#4): http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/1...erpassred3.jpg
Map Location (#4): http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...assred3map.jpg

Red Chest #5 (Dev Chest WOOT): From here, keep going until you get to the farthest your vehicle can go in the top left. Get out of the vehicle and continue farther up on the rocks into the top-left until the rocks drop down. Be careful here, as if you go to far, the laser will zap you and spawn you back at the Underpass. Just drop down slowly, and turn around into the alcove below. You will see a red chest. This chest often has some great loot, so be sure to get this all the time.

Chest Picture: http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/2...erpassred4.jpg
Map Location: http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6...assred4map.jpg (The area the map shows you is under in the alcove, not on top)

White Chest #1: As you leave Tannis' shack and face the ruins, there is a white chest to the right, behind some ruins.

Chest Picture: http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8...passwhite6.jpg
Map Location: http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/3...swhite6map.jpg

Red Chest #6: Continue ahead from the first chest and jump up on the large ruin ahead. From here you can see the chest and it's a short jump from where you are to another large ruin.

Chest Picture: http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/2...erpassred7.jpg
Map Location: http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/6...assred7map.jpg

Red Chest #7: Drop off the ruins and continue ahead and up the hill to the arch. The chest is on a ledge ahead overlooking the pass you came-in through. It's hard to miss.

Chest Picture: http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/7...erpassred8.jpg
Map Location: http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/370...assred8map.jpg

Red Chest #8: Grab your runner and head out, go south and under the bridge into the nearly dried out riverbed with the explosive barrels, and take a right into the area where you found (I think ) the 2nd Echo Recording. Fight your way up the stairs and follow it until you find a Red Chest.

Chest Picture:
Map Location:

White Chest #2: From here, grab a runner and head out the way you came and towards Mad Jack's camp. Next to the large building on your left, leaning against a wall in plain sight is a white chest.

Chest Picture:
Map Location:

White Chest #3: Stay here, go inside the building and I believe there is a white chest inside lying against the wall on the right when you enter.

Chest Picture:
Map Location:

Red Chest #9: From here, grab a runner and head out the way you came and towards the area where you had to unclog the pipes by shooting them. Go up the stairs and at the end there is a red chest.

Chest Picture:
Map Location:

White Chest #4: From here, head out and turn left and around the corner, and follow the path to your right (south) until you reach the turret, near the Outeryard New-U station. Climb up the stairs to the top and you'll see a large pipe spanning across the two walls. You can jump on this pipe by jumping on the railing and then to the pipe, and follow it around until you get to the turret platform. There is a white chest here.

Chest Picture:
Map Location:

Crazy Earl's Scrapyard: 4 Red Chests, 5 White Chests

White Chest #1: Follow the path from the beginning until you get to the first fork after Crazy Earl's house. Take the left, and after you come out the narrow passageway, there is a white chest against the cliff.

Chest Picture: http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5...earlwhite1.jpg
Map Location: http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/2...lwhite1map.jpg

Red Chests #1 and #2: There are two ways to take this: The long, intended way, or the short way. I prefer the short way. Follow the path until you get to the damaged claptrap. Look to the right and up, and look for a small crevice on the cliff to jump onto. Jump onto that, and then onto the cliff, and the two red chests are at the edge's where you can jump off.

Chest Picture: http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9...zyearlred1.jpg
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/1...zyearlred2.jpg
Map Location: http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/7...arlred1map.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/3...arlred2map.jpg

White Chest #2: Jump off the cliff, and head back through the narrow passage. Now take the other path further into the scrapyard. After passing some hollow storage containers and come to a small bandit hut, there is a white chest against the cliff.

Chest Picture: http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/7...earlwhite2.jpg
Map Location: http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8...lwhite2map.jpg

White Chest #3: Head out into the next area with the bandit hut. Straight ahead is a white chest in plain sight.

Chest Picture: http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/781...earlwhite3.jpg
Map Location: http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5...lwhite3map.jpg

Red Chest #3: From here, turn around and look to the right. You should see a high platform and a pipe out sticking out from underneath the platform you're on. You can jump onto it from the edge of the pipe, and the red chest and a washing machine is on it.

Chest Picture: http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6639/crazyearlred3.jpg
Map Location: http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/5...arlred3map.jpg

White Chest #4: Follow the path all the way around to where you pick up the explosives for one of Earl's missions. In this general area is a white chest. You don't even have to look for a second if you're in the right area.

Chest Picture: http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/5...earlwhite4.jpg
Map Location: http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/5...lwhite4map.jpg

Red Chest #4 and #5: From here, head up the series of pathways and bandit camps up to the area where you plant the explosives for the previously stated mission. After you explode it (You NEED to or else the metal from the tank will not destroy the cage they are in and you can't get to it), the two red chests are inside the broken cage.

Chest Picture: http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/9...yearlred45.jpg
Map Location: http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/8...rlred45map.jpg

White Chest #5: From here, jump down and head up the ramps going back to the entrance. After going up you should be staring right at a white chest.

Chest Picture: http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/4...earlwhite5.jpg
Map Location: http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/3...lwhite5map.jpg

Note: There are numerous special skag piles in the beginning area of Earl's Scrapyard. These ones generally have higher quality loot than normal skag piles. Check Post #3 for the Skag Pile guide for the section for locations of these.

Treacher's Landing: 5 White Chests, 3 Red Chests

White Chest #1: From the start, head out and you will see a shack. Inside the shack is a white chest.

Chest Picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...te_Chest_1.jpg

White Chest #2: Follow the normal path until you are going to go under the raised house that leads to the main area. Against the ramp should be a white chest.

Chest Picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...te_Chest_2.jpg

Red Chest #1: From here, head south until you come to a small island with a raised shack. In the middle and a large ramp going up protected by bandits. In the shack is the red chest.

Chest Picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ed_Chest_1.jpg

White Chests #3, 4, and 5: From here, head straight south into the port. In this general area there are 3 white chests. One is located on top of one of the buildings, get on it by using some crates.

Chest Picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...te_Chest_3.jpg

Chest Picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...te_Chest_4.jpg

Chest Picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...te_Chest_5.jpg

Red Chest #2: From here, head straight east and look for a rock arc. Head through it, and you will come out to a small dock with a boat, and many bright lights. Going on to the boat nets you the "I'm on a boat!" achievement/trophy, and on this boat there is also a red chest for the taking.

Chest Picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ed_Chest_2.jpg

Red Chest #3: Now, from here head north, but stay on the right side, rather than go back the way you came through. At the end there is a red chest. You can jump down from here back to the first area.

Chest Picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ed_Chest_3.jpg

Krom's Canyon: 6 Red Chests, 1 White Chest

Red Chest #1: From the beginning, go towards the right fork and go up the ramp to the series of huts on the right. Keep going further up until you get to the top of the cliff, and go around the corner, to the stone arc at the beginning of the left fork. On top of this arc is a red chest.

Chest Picture: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg140...pg&res=landing
Map Location: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg21/...pg&res=landing

Red Chest #2: From here, jump down and head down the left fork. Keep going until the path splits, and take the left. Take a right into the cave and at the end is a red chest.

Chest Picture: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg836...pg&res=landing
Map Location: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg96/...pg&res=landing

White Chest #1: Head up to where you battled Krom. Along the way there, there should be a white chest.

Chest Picture: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg826...pg&res=landing
Map Location: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg256...pg&res=landing

Red Chest #3: Now go directly up to where Krom's turret was. Next to the white chest that used to contain the Vault Key Fragment is a red chest.

Chest Picture: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg207...pg&res=landing
Map Location: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg3/s...pg&res=landing

Red Chest #4: Now head all the way back to the beginning and take the right fork. Keep going until you get to the bandit camp on the cliff. In the general vicinity of this area is a damaged claptrap. The claptrap, when repaired, will reveal a red chest for the taking.

Chest Picture: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg443...pg&res=landing
Map Location: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg11/...pg&res=landing

Red Chest #5: After crossing the last bridge before Reaver, or the upcoming bridge after the previous chest, look at the wooden structure on the right. Walk along the narrow strip to the right of it and around the structure to a Red Chest.

Chest Picture: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg580...pg&res=landing
Map Location: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg207...pg&res=landing

Red Chest #6: From here, head to
the area near Reaver, and instead of taking a left to Reaver's area, take a right and at the edge of the cliff is a red chest.

Chest Picture: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg100...pg&res=landing
Map Location: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg707...pg&res=landing

Rust Commons East: 9 Red Chests, 6 White Chests

Red Chest #1: Start from the "Middle of Nowhere" New-U station. Grab a runner and go a little north and turn left around the corner to where the spiderants are. By the metal structure in the corner. If I remember correctly it is somewhat behind a rock structure.

Chest Picture:
Map Location:

White Chest #1: From here, grab the runner and head north again. The house on your right has some bandits, a weapons vendor, and on top of the roof is a white chest.

Chest Picture: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg641...pg&res=landing
Map Location: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg211...pg&res=landing

Red Chest #2: Turn around and go up the hill on your right, to the bandit camp where you reactivated one of the beacons. Enter the camp, go left and around the building and a Red Chest is on your right.

Chest Picture: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg526...pg&res=landing
Map Location: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg189...pg&res=landing

Red Chest #3: Get back into your runner and go back around towards the Middle of Nowhere again. Take the first left after you pass the outpost and continue along the river until you get to a Red Chest under a small canopy. This is also where you got one of Tannis' recordings.

Chest Picture:
Map Location:

White Chest #2: Grab the runner and head north, but not through the canyon, but up the hill and around to bridge. Don't go across or down. Instead, get out, walk towards the edge of the cliff, and look down (but don't jump off). There is a white chest on a ledge that you can get to by dropping down, but you'll likely miss it if you don't figure out where it is before jumping.

Chest Picture:
Map Location:

White Chest #3: Jump down from this cliff and head around and back up to your runner. Go across the bridge and get out. Go up the ramp to the small hut which contains a white chest.

Chest Picture:
Map Location:

Red Chest #3: Grab your runner and follow the road down, keeping your eye on the left. Eventually you'll see a ramp, go up the ramp and at the top of the rock structure is a red chest.

Chest Picture: http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/554/cauldronred7.jpg
Map Location: http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5...ronred7map.jpg

Red Chest #4: Again, enter your runner and follow the path west and take your first right into the bandit camp where you collected the pamphlets. Inside the church is an ammo vendor, med vendor, and a red chest.

Chest Picture: http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2...uldronred6.jpg
Map Location: http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/2...ronred6map.jpg

Red Chest #5: Head out and along the road again, and take the first right and go up the hill until you reach the road blocks. Fight your way through the camp until you get to a building. Around the back is a Red Chest.

Chest Picture: http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/1...uldronred5.jpg
Map Location: http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8...ronred5map.jpg

White Chest #4: Still here, behind the beacon is an overlook with some ammo chests and a white chest.

Chest Picture: http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5...dronwhite3.jpg
Map Location: http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6...nwhite3map.jpg

White Chest #5: Grab your runner and follow the road south until you reach Jaynistown. Enter, and just walk straight forward until you reach a building. There is a white chest in front.

Chest Picture: http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/4...dronwhite1.jpg
Map Location: http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/3...nwhite1map.jpg

Red Chest #6: Go around the building and there is a red chest between the two garage doors that spawn bandits.

Chest Picture: http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/1...uldronred3.jpg
Map Location: http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/3...ronred3map.jpg

White Chest #6: Go to the area where you fight Taylor Kobb. The chest is against the building that spawns the turret on the right.

Chest Picture: http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/6...dronwhite2.jpg
Map Location: http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/2...nwhite2map.jpg

Red Chest #7: Right here. After defeating Taylor Kobb, a gate previously down will open. Up the stairs is a Red Chest. This chest was not intended to have been gotten to before defeating Taylor, but you can get to it before beating him by grenade jumping over the gate.

Chest Picture: http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2...uldronred4.jpg
Map Location: http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/4...ronred4map.jpg

Red Chest #8: Jaynistown is now clear. While you're here though, be sure to check the weapons vendor, the location of which can be found by using the map. Exit Jaynistown and head to the left towards the cauldron and then south along the cliff. Eventually you'll come to a very rocky area that you can jump on and follow on foot (you can try to traverse by runner, but by foot is better) until you reach a red chest.

Chest Picture: http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/9...uldronred1.jpg
Map Location: http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2...ronred1map.jpg

Red Chest #9: Jump down and head a little bit south and to your right to a small abandoned tent with a red chest under it. It is near the area you fight Helob. This chest does not appear until you reach the gate of Jaynistown. If you are following this guide out of order and start from the Cauldron and head down, the red chest will not be here.

Chest Picture: http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6...uldronred2.jpg
Map Location: http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/3...ronred2map.jpg

Trash Coast: 7 Red Chest

Red Chest #1: From the beginning, head towards Rakk Hive. On the middle island on the way there is a red chest.

Red Chest #2 and 3: IIRC, sometimes one of these chests are gone. From where you got the last chest, turn around and go to the southern area of the map. After going down, take a right, and another right. There is a bridge over the cliffside, and on the other side are the 2 red chests under a makeshift tent. (If it helps, this is nearby King Aracobb)

Red Chest #4: Go down to the area where you save Skrappy. In the large cage housing him, outside and around the booth is a red chest.

Red Chest #5: In this same area, go to where Skrappy runs to when you free him. Under a tent in that area is a red chest.

Red Chest #6: Now, head on down to the area where the damaged claptrap is, which is nearby Bleeder. A red chest is right nearby him.

Red Chest #7: Look on your map. At the very very bottom part of the map is a small pathway that leads to a dead end. Go there, and there is a red chest. There are a lot of Spiderants guarding the path, so make sure to take those out if you can.

Old Haven: 4 Red Chests, 8 White Chests.

White Chest #1: When spawning, go forward towards the top right of the map where one of the smoke signal objectives are. The white chest is right along the edge of the set of buildings that has one of the turrets on it.

Chest Picture: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...5_14_03_20.jpg
Map Location: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...ocations-1.png

White Chest #2: This white chest is near the Claptrap repair kit. From here, go through the bottom exit of the area you're in, and take the second right. Look for some blue bins, and jump onto them, and then onto the building. Look to your left for the White Chest.

Chest Picture: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...5_14_07_45.jpg
Map Location: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...ocations-2.png

Red Chest #1: From where you are at, simply turn around and jump to the building you were at when you jumped to the blue bins. It won't take that long to find, since if you follow the directions already mentioned, I shouldn't need to explain any further.

Chest Picture: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...5_14_08_21.jpg
Map Location: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...ocations-3.png

Red Chest #2: This is a hard one. Right after getting the above chest, jump on top of it, and grenade jump up to it. Jump to the next building and reap your reward. That doesn't sound too hard, but that is not the intended way of getting there. The actual way to get there requires timed jumps. Use this video as guidance to getting there. The very first one in this video is the one for this chest.

Chest Picture: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...5_14_09_10.jpg
Map Location: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...ocations-4.png

Red Chest #3: From here, make your way to the area where you rescue claptrap in "Not Without my Claptrap!". (The area with the 2 turrets and numerous Lance enemies). Under one of the staircases is a red chest for you to take.

Chest Picture: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...5_14_11_51.jpg
Map Location: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...ations-7-1.png

White Chest #3: This one is quite well hidden. I honestly never knew of it until someone helping me with this sent me this one. From where you got the last chest, go up the stairs, and to the end, but don't jump down. Slowly come out, and walk along the small ledge, and around the back to come to this well-hidden White Chest.

Chest Picture: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...5_14_12_52.jpg
Map Location: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...ations-7-2.png

White Chest #4: Easy. After completing the main story mission in this area, a damaged claptrap will appear. The white chest is in the area where he is lying.

Chest Picture: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...5_14_14_09.jpg
Map Location: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...ations-7-3.png

White Chest #5: Simple again. From here, head further up north, and then take the second left. Kill the lance in the area, and behind a low barrier/wall is the white chest.

Chest Picture: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...5_14_17_11.jpg
Map Location: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...ations-7-4.png

White Chest #6 & 7: Since I have a hard time describing these two, watch this youtube video for how to get to those chests. (It is number 3 and 4 in the video.)

Chest Picture #6: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...5_14_19_05.jpg
Chest Picture #7: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...5_14_19_24.jpg
Map Locations #6 & 7: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...ations-7-5.png

White Chest #8: Starting from White Chest #5, go up the stairs, and just keep going forward. The white chest is ahead.

Chest Picture: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...5_14_19_39.jpg
Map Location: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...ocations-7.png

Red Chest #4: From here, turn around, go back up the stairs to your right, and jump the small gap to a ledge with steel railings. Follow it around and around the corner is the last red chest.

Chest Picture: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...5_14_20_41.jpg
Map Location: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...ocations-6.png

The Salt Flats 9 Red Chests

Red Chest #1: Starting from the New-U Station, head south towards Rust Commons East. You will eventually see a Bandit Camp to the left. There is a Red Chest on top of the Bandit Camp.

Red Chest #2: Start from the New-U. Run over to the catch-a-ride and check the vendors before moving off. Go out towards Thor, but hug the edge of the map on the right. Keep going until you reach a psycho camp, if you haven't completed the Salt Flat missions yet, or Lance camp if you completed the Salt Flats quests. Kill them all however you like and run over to the small hut ahead. There is a red chest inside the hut.

Chest Picture: http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/7...tflatsred1.jpg
Map Location: http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3...atsred1map.jpg

Red Chest #3: Do not leave the area. Look south from here and you will see a bunch of storage containers and a washing machine. Walk through the containers and there will be a red chest hidden behind the containers.

Chest Picture: http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/1...tflatsred2.jpg
Map Location: http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/1...atsred2map.jpg

Red Chest #4: Go to Thor, and enter through the right entrance. It's the closest to the chest and where you are right now so it is convenient. Anyways, complete the claptrap quest if you haven't, and he will open up the hut for you. It contains a red chest. The claptrap quest is one of the easiest in the game, believe it or not.

Chest Picture: http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/6...tflatsred3.jpg
Map Location: http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/6...atsred3map.jpg

Red Chest #5: Walk around the area to the left side. Kill whatever bandits/lance you see, and to the left of the entrance, is a small hill. Walk up it, and on a steel piece is the red chest near some ammo crates.

Chest Picture: http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/5...tflatsred4.jpg
Map Location http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2...atsred4map.jpg

Red Chest #6: If you somehow missed this on your first run through, I will be disappointed. This one is right before the elevator leading to the upper level of Thor. Riiight in the open.

Chest Picture: http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/9...tflatsred5.jpg
Map Location: http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/3...atsred5map.jpg

Red Chest #7: I doubt you know of this one. Get this one after killing Baron Flynt and his minions. If you start from the elevator and look left, you will see some pipes and other stuff, but also some things that can be used as platforms. Jump on top of them, and onto one of the structures. A red chest is right here.

Chest Picture: http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8...tflatsred6.jpg
Map Location: http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/9...atsred6map.jpg

Red Chest #8: Quite possible to miss since not all people check the scene thoroughly before leaving. Go up the left ramp going to Baron Flynt, but keep going forward and take the last right down the ramp. Follow the path, and you will see a red chest. Watch your step.

Chest Picture: http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/5...tflatsred7.jpg
Map Location: http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3...atsred7map.jpg

Red Chest #9: Head towards the Crimson Enclave exit, which is at the bottom left corner of the map if you don't know. Head up and above to the metal overpass and cross the bridge. There is a red chest here.

The Backdoor: 4 Red Chests

Red Chest #1: Spawn at the Backdoor. Keep following the path until you get to the red chest near the ammo crates and whatnot. If you missed this your first time through, I don’t know what to say.

Chest Picture: http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/2...ckdoorred1.jpg
Map Location: http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/6...oorred1map.jpg

Red Chest #2 & 3: Continue along from here to the area before McCloud. Good god, if I have to explain where these two are, then I REALLY don’t know what to say.

Chest Pictures (Both): http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8...kdoorred23.jpg
Map Locations (Both): http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/4...orred23map.jpg

Red Chest #4: Here is the tricky one: It is in the McCloud arena thing, but it is very well hidden. Be sure to kill him first to make this easier. After killing him, look towards the Crimson Fastness area. Look around for the rock formation extending high up near the area where Steele shortly appears. Go up the one on the right, as it is impossible to do it on the left side without grenade jumping. (At least from memory.) Anyways, get up the rock formation, and at the top with the two safes, is the area I just mentioned Steele showed up briefly. You should see some… things… sticking out for you to jump on. Sprint jump onto it, and then up to the top of said building. There is your red chest for your hard work. This jump is hard to make, and it would take any people who had tried this the first time a couple tries. The red chest, usually has very high quality loot.

Chest Picture: http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/5...ckdoorred4.jpg
Map Location: http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/2...oorred4map.jpg

Note: Most people usually don’t save and quit after this, but rather transition to Crimson Fastness to farm that area, which I will get to right after this.

Crimson Fastness: 7 Red Chests.

Chest #1: In the very beginning, head out into the first battle. Turn at your first left, and the chest is right there. If it is not, then see the Notes section right below this, or in the FAQ.

Chest Picture: http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...nesschest1.jpg
Map Location: http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/2...sschest1ma.jpg

Chest #2 & 3: From the claptrap rescue mission. If you didn’t find it, it is among the pile of dead claptraps. After rescuing it, it will open a room. Inside are 2 red chests, and 4 lockers. 2 of these lockers will always have an item in it. (This is an example of one of the lockers that some people farm.)

Chest Picture #2: http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1...nesschest2.jpg
Map Location #2: http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/1751/crimsonfastnesschest2ma.jpg

Chest Picture #3: http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/9...nesschest3.jpg
Map Location #3: http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/2...sschest3ma.jpg

Chest #4: After that, head out the back door of the room with the two chests. Go forward, and on your right there is a door. Hit the electric box-like thing to make the door open. Follow it, and the out into the next room, which has a red chest right in front of you.

Chest Picture: http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/4...nesschest4.jpg
Map Location: http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6...sschest4ma.jpg

Chest #5: From here, jump down, and eliminate the Lance soldiers. After that, look around for the jail cell with the checkpoint/save station. Inside is a red chest.

Chest Picture: http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1...nesschest5.jpg
Map Location: http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/883...sschest5ma.jpg

Chest #6 & 7: Follow the path until you get near the end. When going to the corridor leading to the transition to Crimson Enclave, look along the right for a small pathway. Follow it and you will find Chests 6 & 7.

Chest Pictures (Both): http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7...esschest67.jpg
Map Locations (Both): http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/537...sschest67m.jpg

Note: In this area, there are always at least 2 chest missing, chosen by random. This happens in some places, but not all.

Crimson Enclave: 3 Red Chests

Note, there isn't much to loot here. The locations are fairly obvious as well. I am merely adding this guide for the sake of completion and for those who might find it useful.

Red Chest #1: In the north building, on the top floor. Get to the top by going through the building and up the stairs to the top.

Red Chest #2: In the west building across the large bridge where the Lance are fighting with the Guardians. On top of the building, get to the top that same way mentioned above.

Red Chest #3: In the south building. This one is in the bottom floor and is accessed by the top however. Go up the stairs to the top then go down the stairs inside to the bottom and in the corner is a red chest.

Eridian Promonotory: 5 Red Chests, 1 White Chest

Not only is Eridian Promonotory the best place to level proficiencies before downloading DLC3, but it has a dev chest as well.

Red Chest #1: Once you get to the first bridge area, by the spawn/save station, turn left and go up the hill, and then around. The red chest as well as a few ammo chests are here.

Chest Picture: http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/547...notoryred1.jpg
Map Location: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/265...oryred1map.jpg

White Chest #1: From here across the bridge is a fairly large area with a few guardians. Kill them, then around the corner is a white chest. (From the save station, go forward and take a U-Turn.)

Chest Picture: http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/194...torywhite1.jpg
Map Location: http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/6...ywhite1map.jpg

Red Chest #2: From here, continue moving along, and not too far from here is an arc which has an Arch Guardian protecting the red chest. You know what to do.

Chest Picture: http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6...notoryred2.jpg
Map Location: http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/208...oryred2map.jpg

Red Chest #3: From here, go to the next large area and kill the guardians. You can choose to go forward towards the save station, or right. Go right, and at the end of the cliff is a red chest surrounded by 3 tall pillars and an Arch Guardian.

Chest Picture: http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/135...notoryred3.jpg
Map Location: http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/2...oryred3map.jpg

Red Chest #4: From here, turn around, and instead of going left to where you came from, head right and up the hill. If this is your first time through, there should be some Lance here, so terminate them. The red chest is at the edge of the cliff.

Chest Picture: http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/829...notoryred4.jpg
Map Location: http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/6...oryred4map.jpg

Red Chest #5: In the last area right before The Vault, there are a ton of Guardians here. Eliminate them all, and then on the right-hand side there are some tents. A red chest is under one of them.

Chest Picture: http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/508...notoryred5.jpg
Map Location: http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/2...oryred5map.jpg

Red Chest #6: The dev chest. From here, turn around, and go to the edge of the small cliff on the left-hand side of the area (Assuming you are facing the way you came into the area). Jump onto the rocks that are on the edge of the cliff, and follow it until you come around. The red chest is against the wall/cliff.

Chest Picture: http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9...notoryred6.jpg
Map Location: http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/941...oryred6map.jpg

Note: The first time you go through Eridian Promonotory, or at least until you complete Find Steele, Lance Enemies as well as the Guardians will always be there. The second time through after beating the mission, only Guardians will be there.

Last edited by Ice Car; August 31st, 2012 at 11:13 PM. Reason: See Version History
Old October 15th, 2010, 01:50 AM   #2
Astrobleme
Hyper active roadkill

Default Re: Farming Guide v1.01

Still caring about post counts I see...its even come to reserving them. Ice you need profesional help lol xD

Looking forward to the skag pile drop section!
Old October 15th, 2010, 01:53 AM   #3
Ice Car
life sucks, drop out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrobleme View Post
Still caring about post counts I see...its even come to reserving them. Ice you need profesional help lol xD

Looking forward to the skag pile drop section!
I saw like 7 people looking at this topic in one instance, so I thought they might have still thought they couldn't post or something. If you're so bothered by it I'll delete it, but getting my post count up now is the least of my concerns with school and whatnot, and especially with it already at a high amount.

Oh, and you were joking, I apologize. One of the claptraps in DLC4 shot and killed my sense of humor.

Last edited by Ice Car; November 5th, 2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old October 17th, 2010, 12:04 AM   #4
ense7en
Party

Very nice guide!
"Best" chests in Armory (highest Awesome Level)
Old October 17th, 2010, 02:12 AM   #5
Ice Car
life sucks, drop out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ense7en View Post
Very nice guide!
Thanks!
Old October 29th, 2010, 12:19 AM   #6
Ice Car
life sucks, drop out

BUMPTASTIC

I added a new farming section in the last one. It is vague about what it is because it is supposed to cover a lot. Anything that is deemed farming, but doesn't fit one of the categories or doesn't deserve a full guide, shall be put in there. I won't be doing that section much, but people can submit their own guides or suggest one I missed so I can work on it. Thanks in advance.

Anyways, I will definitely have to add a Salt Flats farming guide. I completely forgot that there were like 5 red chests in Thor and 2 Red chests not too far away. A nice farming spot. I think I picked up two legendaries from the place without farming and just playing the game, and it was actually the first place that barely gave me any crap weapons.
Old October 29th, 2010, 01:58 AM   #7
Nublarian
First Access Club Member

Default Re: Farming Guide v1.07

don't know why but sledges safe house in pink seems soo fitting

wat about taylor kobb n his roaster!

DLC1
maybe mention the named wereskags for artifact farming?

DLC 3
Destroyers also drop the marine class mod for soldiers
Truxian wrestlers- Truxian class mod for hunters
(wat about the other loot midgets)

the assassins Helicon and Minerva will respawn as long as at least 1 of the other assassins squads is still alive, they have a chance to drop the specter class mod

Last edited by Nublarian; October 29th, 2010 at 02:12 AM.
Old October 29th, 2010, 03:37 AM   #8
Ice Car
life sucks, drop out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nublarian View Post
don't know why but sledges safe house in pink seems soo fitting

wat about taylor kobb n his roaster!

DLC1
maybe mention the named wereskags for artifact farming?

DLC 3
Destroyers also drop the marine class mod for soldiers
Truxian wrestlers- Truxian class mod for hunters
(wat about the other loot midgets)

the assassins Helicon and Minerva will respawn as long as at least 1 of the other assassins squads is still alive, they have a chance to drop the specter class mod
Ah right! Thanks for mentioning. It's getting late though and I have to get off the computer like right now, so I'll do it in the morning.
Old October 29th, 2010, 03:56 AM   #9
Klipt

Just want to thank you for all this work. This thread has been a boon.
Old December 9th, 2010, 02:42 AM   #10
Ice Car
life sucks, drop out

Sticky Bump?

My conscience is bugging the **** out of me for not updating this guide for weeks, so I'll start the vendor farming guide soon.

Before that, would some of you guys like to tell me what farming route you usually take? I never vendor farmed myself, so I don't know the best routes or the popular routes to take are.